Upholding the Constitution (Centre for Constitutional Rights)
The Foundation’s principle project is the promotion and defence of the Constitution through the activities of the Centre for Constitutional Rights.
South Africa’s future freedom, stability and prosperity depend directly on our ability to maintain our Constitution.
To achieve this,
- the CFCR monitors any developments that might affect the Constitution
- participates actively in the national debate on constitutional issues
- informs people of their constitutional rights and helps people to claim their rights.
The CFCR has already become one of the main commentators on constitutional issues and played a leading role in combating the Expropriation Bill and in helping to secure the right to vote for South Africans living overseas.
The Foundation needs R 3 million (±USD 400 000) per annum to continue and expand the CFCR’s activities.
- Visit the CFCR website and read more about the Constitution and your rights.
- Subscribe to receiving our electronic newsletter
- Join our twitter group and receive regular tweets: https://twitter.com/#!/theCFCR
- Support the activities of the CFCR by making a secure online donation through our GivenGain portal.
This page was last updated on 23 October 2012