The main challenge to peace in the new millennium is the inability of cultural, language and religious communities to coexist peacefully within the same countries.
South Africa’s future success also depends on our ability to maintain positive relations between our communities by working for mutual understanding and respect and by upholding the cultural, language and religious rights.
The Foundation promotes unity in diversity through the work of the Centre for Unity in Diversity (CUD) by:
- monitoring developments that might affect inter-community relations
- opposing racism from any quarter
- supporting language and cultural rights, and working for national unity
- participating in the national debate on racial and cultural issues
- promoting communication by holding conferences and workshops
Visit the Centre for Unity in Diversity's website.